Friday, August 16, 2013

Work Worries & Outfits


Welp, it's finally hit me: Unemployment panic. I went to my first interview on Monday and it was for an employment agency. I thought it would be a good way to get the job karma flowing, but by Tuesday evening I was panicking that I hadn't heard from any other employers. I've applied to about a dozen jobs, many of which I thought I might have even been over-qualified for, but I've only heard back from that one agency. By 8pm on Tuesday evening in middle of my anxieties, I applied to four Starbucks locations and have yet to hear back from them-- what gives?!

Part of this is my impatience, I know that, but I realize that another part of this is my insecurities. I was warned months in advance that there's tons of humanities majors in Victoria looking for work, and that I would be among the sea of many, but I guess I suffered from a type of post-graduate program disease where I thought I was better than everyone else. After all, I went to a two year graduate program, unlike Canada's 1 year program, but I suppose experience and skills are what employers covet the most. To top off my insecurities, I took a standardized Microsoft Office skills test for the employment agency, and while I didn't quite bomb it, but I didn't do great, either, and scored below the national average. All of my self confidence has flown out the window since about 11:00 this morning, and I don't expect it coming back until I have another interview or job offer. 

In the mean time while I've got work on the brain, I can't help but be drawn to adorable fall work clothes...





1 comment:

  1. You are too cute! And you will be fine! A job awaits you, it will happen!

    ReplyDelete