Saturday, December 21, 2013

Holiday Thoughts


While we have spent many Christmases together, this is me and Jon's first Christmas as a married couple, and our first Christmas we'll be spending all day with one another. Last year I went home for the holiday and Jon stayed in Boston to welcome Mr. Clemens into our lives, and the years before that we either split the day or spent it apart.  This year will be a happy, loving relief from wanting to see our families but also wanting to see each other because not only are we not going home, we're having some family coming to visit us! Jon's father and younger sister will be arriving on Sunday, and we anxiously anticipate their arrival!


This will be, by far, the most intimate Christmas I've ever had. My family is quite large, and each year I spent Christmas morning with my three siblings and two parents, were welcomed in the afternoon by my Mommom and my Aunt, and then all eight of us shuffled down a few avenues to my other Aunt's house for Christmas where we were greeted by anywhere between eight to twelve family members. I will miss my family sorely this year, but I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with Jon's family and showing them the city that has been becoming my home these last few months. 


In these last few days before Christmas, I have a lot to do (I have yet to do any gift shopping and have only written out half of my cards [and still haven't mailed the ones I wrote!]), but I feel more in "the spirit" of the holidays than ever before. I feel like we're making it our own and starting traditions that will be remembered for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment